Translate

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Book Review: Peter Pan In Scarlet

Peter Pan In Scarlet
By: Geraldine McCaughrean

Years after Wendy, John, and Michael's first journey to Neverland, when all the lost boys are grown up and Peter Pan is a distant memory, Dreams begin leaking out of Neverland into our world. Wendy, John and the lost boys respond to what seems like a call for help. But how will they return to Neverland having all grown up? What will have become of Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, and Captain Hook's dreadful crew? Will there be more lost boys and even lost girls? 
Find out the answers to all these questions and more when you read the first ever authorized sequel to J.M. Barrie's beautiful classic, Peter Pan.
A wonderfully woven tale, Peter Pan In Scarlet surpassed all my expectations, and left me feeling extremely satisfied, and longing to have an Adventure of my own.
McCaughrean blends themes and characters from the original in with a new story so magically, that I felt as if J.M. Barrie himself had whispered the plot into her ear as she wrote it! Definitely worth reading, Peter Pan In Scarlet will remind you of the magic of Neverland. 

3 comments:

  1. I read that book several months ago, and like you I was pleasantly surprised. It was one of those books that kept my interest, not just kept me reading for the sake of finishing the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have put it better! I loved this book, and thought it continued the first one very well (unlike certain unauthorized and highly disappointing Peter Pan books). I loved the illustrations, too! This is my favorite ever version of the cover: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1388340899l/34264.jpg I thought it captured Peter so well, and looks exactly like I picture him to look. This book will always hold a place in my heart, as well as my Timeless Books list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you described the book here!
    Nice writing!

    ReplyDelete